Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Never again, I promise!

Emptiness! I had never really felt it until today. I am not the kind of guy who can stay without thoughts racing in the mind incessantly, yet here I was - feeling nothing, thinking nothing. It was as if I was floating with darkness all around me.

Except for that one tiny dot of light far away. Probably the Sun. It seemed as if it were growing in size. Too fast. Wait, something was wrong, the light was becoming stronger and wider. I looked harder. It was growing. As my eyelids flickered more, it grew. I turned away as if I could run away from it just by looking elsewhere.

Something was moving over my head, swishing past in slow motion. As if it wanted to threaten me, but it seemed far away. Once, twice, thrice, the swishing was never ending and it seemed to slow down when I stared  at it. I tried to look away again.

I was cold, shivering a bit. I tried to look around to pull something over me, but I could not find anything. There was darkness all around. Where was I? I closed my eyes, shut them tight so I could think straight. What is the last thing I remember? Where am I? And slowly, it started coming back to me. I could feel the smooth tiles under my body. I remembered leaving office late on Friday night, heading over to a party hosted by a friend of a friend, someone I didn't even know. I could feel the breeze striking against my body now. All the drinking, the smoke, the laughter and the music - started coming back. F***!

I forced my eyes open and now it all cleared up, the electric light, the fan blades on the ceiling, the cold floor underneath me. It must have been hours since I passed out - shouldn't have taken those shots, especially the last few.

Never again! I promise again...

No comments: